Why Is Social Media Important For My Business?
Many business owners may agree that social media marketing is the “next big thing,” a temporary yet strong phase that should be taken advantage of while it is still popular. According to studies done by HubSpot in 2014, 92% of marketers agreed that social media marketing was important for their business, attracting 80% of increased traffic to their sites. This shows that social media marketing has a huge potential for increasing customer traffic and sales. With over 1.500 billion active users per month, it is impossible not to bring in more customers.
Site Traffic Growth
Use Facebook To Grow Your Business
When Facebook was first created back in 2004, it was not made to pass over one billion users. Eventually, it has expanded to several colleges and billions of other people around the entire world. From huge corporations to small local boutiques, most businesses have a business page on Facebook. There are at least 2 billion connections between local businesses and people. In a week for most local business Facebook pages, there are over 645 million views and 13 million comments, meaning at least 70% of active users are following local businesses through Facebook. To start out, there are several easy ways to really make your Facebook page work to your advantage.
MAKING FACEBOOK WORK FOR YOU
- Building a solid relationship with your customers is a much bigger deal than you think. It is probably the most important reason be stay active on a business Facebook page. If your customers are using Facebook, it can provide you with a chance to connect with them, eventually building a trusting relationship. Consider featuring some charity work or maybe an employee of the month post; this will help your business feel more “human” and relatable.
- You can use the Custom Audience Targeting feature on Facebook to micro-target your customers and followers. Also, you can use Partner Categories to aim for an industry such as small business owners.
- If you can engage with your followers and customers by providing relevant content, they become your brand ambassadors. This is when influence comes into play. Your brand ambassadors will then share your content with their friends and family, influencing them to “Like” your page and become aware of your business or products.
- Your Facebook page will become a new channel for your company’s voice. This is important because it will help increase your brand recognition and simultaneously make it easier for your new customers to reach out to your business. It will also allow more accessibility for those who want to familiarize themselves with your services or products offered. For instance, a frequent Facebook user could come across your company after stumbling upon it in a newsfeed.
- A study done by Texas Tech University proves that business owners who stay active on social media channels receive higher loyalty from their customers. The study also reports that business owners should take an advantage of all the tools social media offers when it comes to connecting with their customers.